Sunday 30 August 2020

Two Years of Jennifer Knatters on YouTube

I know I have cruelly abandoned my blog, but I haven't abandoned nattering on about my knitting and my life. Lacking the time to write something out (on a tablet without a physical keyboard), I started a video podcast. No, not a vlog, in crafty circles a vlog is when you film yourself going about your day to day life. A podcast is when you sit down and talk to yourself (or a friend), whether that's audio only or video. A podcast.

I started out weekly, Almost two full years ago, but then K2 stopped taking naps, I had to record at night after she went to bed - assuming she fell asleep before me and it wasn't too dark and I wasn't too tired and I didn't have a terrible cold. I'm sure you're drawing your own conclusions about how frequently that worked out to be. But with K2 now in nursery, my goal is to manage fortnightly.

"If All the World Were Jumpers" is from almost three weeks ago as two weeks ago I didn't have enough to talk about and one week ago I was too busy. In it I talk about two of the jumpers I finished over the summer, "Silver Blossom" by Amy Gunderson, a cotlin dk tee; and "Incunabula" by Karie Westermann, a faux cable cropped caredi in the discontinued Blacker Classic DK. I was also close to finishing my test knit boxy cable pullover, AbbeyHill by Ysolda Teague in the also discontinued Ripples Crafts Cochrane. Those, plus socks, and a mitered square blanket round out the previous fortnight of knitting, and hopefully all of those projects will get their own blog posts soon.

But if you want to catch up a bit, please check out my podcast and, you know, like and subscribe if you're into that sort of thing. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment