Sunday 12 June 2011

Knitting in Pubs

My FiancĂ© and I joined a friend in a local pub last night for mixers (me) and pints (the boys). We grabbed the table as soon as the couple who had been sitting there get up, before it was cleared, and while the wait staff eventually cleared most of the dishes (they never got the sugar bowl or a random glass), they never took the tip money that was left on the table. It was only £3, but we spent most of the evening joking about how hard it is to get wait staff to take your money. I ordered some chips and, after last call, a girl brought me the tab - or at least she almost did. She got as far as our table, saw the tip money (sitting on a saucer with the previous occupants' receipt) and took it and my tab away. Now, the pile of coins to cover my chips was also sitting on the table, but when we'd left it was still there. I guess the moral of the story is that, if you want a tip, you should pick it up off of the table.

I brought the baby sweater as I figured a small, easy project would be best. As it is, I kept missing the changes for the basket weave (when it changed vertically) and had to drop and pick up the stitches correctly on more than one occasion. I am increasingly less enamoured of the Baby Rico. I really liked it when I bought it, and for both pairs of leggins and the teal sweater, but by the end of the red sweater, well, I guess the honeymoon was over. I'll finish these skeins and subsequent new babies will get fewer items knit from more expensive fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment